Friday, February 4, 2011

Fact:

I'm answering emails.
I'm checking the mail.
Sitting by the window.
Going to stay in my pajamas all day.
Screening my calls.
And not feel guilty about it.
Planning a lesson I meant to do on Monday.
Editing pictures I wanted to get done the last two days.
Letting my hair air dry. I'm so tired of blow drying it.
But I hate the feel of wet hair on my ears and neck.
Dilemma!
Going to go buy cantaloupe and pina colada yogurt.
Because it's the only thing that sounds good.
I will get out of my pajamas for that.
Wouldn't want to find myself in some virus email
with pictures of people from behind found in public.
You know the emails I'm talking about.
I don't like them. They really do make me feel awful.
Finding time to read the book I want to.
It's set in medieval times.
Adrian always makes fun of me because of the books I read.
It's true I enjoy fantasy books. Certain ones. Not all. I'll admit it.
It's true I told our neighbors that I want to play Settlers of Catan with them.
Yea, so I have a nerdy side to me.
You won't ever see me playing magic though.
I can see me enjoying a Renaissance Fair however.
Probably would never go to one though.
I'd be too embarrassed.
I'm not informed of the proper etiquette of the fair.
And I don't have long hair.
Well I mean I do, for me. But not any where near other people's standards.
Because I don't have long hair, I couldn't be a beauty queen either.
Weird that it's a requirement to have long hair.
Good thing I have absolutely no interest in being a rodeo beauty queen.
Long story short. I'm tired. Don't call me unless you've lost a limb.
That way you won't inflict guilt upon me.
I may not answer the phone, but I will feel guilty about it.
So just don't call.
And you can't judge a book by the cover.
But only when it comes to people.
Because I really do judge a book by the cover.
I won't pick it up unless it has a good cover.
Hey, it's what Adrian does.
If you have a good product and believe in it,
You will make it look the best you can.
Which means an awesome cover to a completely nerdy Camelot novel.
Ramble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your "facts". Hey it's almost your birthday you should let yourself relax and keep screening your calls.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i'm all about judging books by their covers. I do the same things with product packaging too. If i don't like how it looks in it's package, why would i like it at all?
also, i will go to a renaissance fair with you and it will be our little secret. i think they look fascinating.