


So, Lately I've felt like I've been in a bit of a slump. Having portraiture and working in the studio using artificial looking poses has stifled my creativity. That's not how I take pictures at all. I was kind of doubting myself as a photographer, thinking that maybe my ideas are wrong. But last night a portrait photographer came and spoke at the school. He talked about how photography can document real life and be used to show stories and emotion, instead of just being artificially composed pretty pictures. That's the philosophy that I have with photography. Photos like that seem much more valuable. It got me really motivated again. I took these photos today, while visiting my grandparents. Yes, I coaxed Paddy into letting me take photos. (That's something Julie hasn't even done!)
3 comments:
Yeah...P!!!
Good job!! This is totally your style. Embrace it.
These are wonderful. I love that first image. Yes, yes--do more of these kinds of portraits.
Post a Comment