Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bla.

So I have to go to the dentist today. Out of all the doctors going to the dentist seems like it would be the best to go to, but I just really don't like to go. Probably because since 4th grade I've extensive dental and orthodontic work. Even have a fake tooth...not gonna show you which one though! When I was younger I had a fake tooth attached to a retainer (I wore that until I was a junior in high school...not so fun) but my family and friend's favorite party trick was to say "oh, hey, look what Laura can do." And make me pop me tooth out. Shouldn't have told anybody I can do that. But at the dentist when they have you leaning back with the universal clip on bib with their fingers and cold, metal tools in your mouth, what do they do? Start asking you questions. So with fingers in your mouth is it better to do the mumbled answer where clearing no one can understand you, or is it better to pretend you didn't hear the question over the buzzing of the drill that so many hate. Maybe I will try both strategies today. But my dentist is also my stake president. Anything could happen today.

2 comments:

Grandma Kelli said...

You made it through it okay... Now say something nice and it can't be anything to do with hair!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! A dentist office is a wonderful place to be!! Although I prefer being the one to stick all of the stuff in your mouth. P.S. Braces suck! don't tell my boss I said that.